Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Tesla Model 3 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CT Tri reservation
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
We are also avid RVers and I asked about flat-towing the X before it came out.
As stated by the very knowledgable gentlemen above, it should be doable.
Maybe even charge the vehicle towing down the road until full, and then "switch off"?
It sounds to me more like an issue Tesla doesn't necessarily want to be concered with at the moment?

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
We are also avid RVers and I asked about flat-towing the X before it came out.
As stated by the very knowledgable gentlemen above, it should be duable.
Maybe even charge the vehicle towing down the road until full, and then "switch off"?
It sounds to me more like an issue Tesla doesn't necessarily want to be concered with at the moment?
Once a towed vehicle on all fours is energized it becomes “operable”, liable and without an “operator” Tesla are in the chain of liability.

Tesla are not in the business of defending vehicle liability claims. Lexus famously defended its vehicle in So. Calif. case that self-energized its accelerator. That provided drive-by-wire WOT to the motor beyond human control. Four adults died launching 90 mph off an exit ramp at the bottom into a field. It was operated by an off-duty CHP officer. Lexus bs counter claim of non-standard floormat interference was disproved by forensic analysis that concluded metallurgy corrosion closed a gate inside a controller unit.

Shit Happens! Too bad…but maybe towing 3x motors behind your motor home is the marketing win-win it is made out to be for you.

Advertisement

Advertisement